Our Speech Therapy services include speech for fluency, articulation, comprehension, and expression, and swallowing deficits.
The speech-language pathologist (SLP) engages in professional practice in the areas of communication and swallowing. The overall objective of speech-language pathology services is to optimize abilities to communicate and to swallow, thereby improving quality of life for individuals across the life span.
The general areas of communication/swallowing that SLPs have the ability to assess and treat include:
- Language (understanding and producing oral/written language, language delays in toddlers and children, grammar/syntax errors, word-finding difficulties after stroke, etc.)
- Speech sound disorders (articulation, motor speech disorders)
- Fluency (stuttering)
- Voice (hoarseness, inappropriate volume)
- Hearing (impact on speech and language)
- Swallowing (including related feeding behaviors)
- Cognition (attention, memory, sequencing, problem-solving, executive functioning affected by disability, stroke, TBI, etc.)
- Social aspects of communication
- Communication modalities, including augmentative and alternative communication devices (AAC)
Whether you are needing speech therapy services due to a developmental delay, disability or an injury, we will work with you to assess your needs, develop functional therapy goals and implement a treatment plan.
We work with people of all ages and serve Pend Oreille County Washington locations including Newport Washington, Priest River Idaho, Priest Lake Idaho and surrounding areas.
Our Speech Therapy Staff includes:
- Liza Frisque, M.S., CCC-SLP
Speech therapy services from our speech-language pathologist are a great compliment to your existing audiology, occupational therapy, physical therapy, and clinical psychology services.
To make an appointment, or if you have questions, please call (509) 447-9308 or Fax: (509) 447-9354. Doctor’s orders are required.
Our Newport Washington doctors, therapists, and specialists are ready to help you!