Our Speech Therapy services include speech for fluency, articulation, comprehension, and expression, and swallowing deficits.
Speech-language pathology and speech therapy services are concerned with a broad scope of speech, language, swallowing, and voice issues involved in communication, some of which include:
- Word-finding and other semantic issues, either as a result of a specific language impairment (SLI) such as a language delay or as a secondary characteristic of a more general issue such as dementia.
- Social communication difficulties involving how people communicate or interact with others (pragmatics).
- Structural language impairments, including difficulties creating sentences that are grammatical (syntax) and modifying word meaning (morphology).
- Literacy impairments (reading and writing) related to the letter-to-sound relationship (phonics), the word-to-meaning relationship (semantics), and understanding the ideas presented in a text (reading comprehension).
- Voice difficulties, such as a raspy voice, a voice that is too soft, or other voice difficulties that negatively impact a person’s social or professional performance.
- Cognitive impairments (e.g., attention, memory, executive function) to the extent that they interfere with communication.
Whether you are needing speech-language therapy and services due to disability or injury, we will work with you to assess your needs, develop therapy goals and implement our services to help you or those you care for receive the care and attention that they need.
We work with people of all ages and serve Pend Oreille County Washington locations including Newport Washington, Priest River Idaho, Priest Lake Idaho and surrounding areas.
Our Speech Therapy Staff includes:
- Lola Rickey, SLP, M.S.CCC
Speech therapy services from our speech-language pathologist are a great compliment to your existing audiology, occupational therapy, physical therapy, and clinical psychology services.
Our Newport Washington doctors, therapists, and specialists are ready to help you!
To make an appointment, or if you have questions, please call (509) 447-9308 or Fax: (509) 447-9354. Doctor’s orders are required.