The Laboratory at Newport Hospital and Health Services provides physicians with accurate, timely diagnostic results from analyses of blood and body fluids in order to aid in the diagnosis of disease states and/or the monitoring of treatment. Our services are provided by experienced medical laboratory scientists and highly trained phlebotomists. Laboratory services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- The Laboratory is open for outpatients from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Sunday, and holidays.
- No appointments are necessary. All laboratory patients MUST register with Admitting prior to receiving laboratory services.
- The Laboratory accepts physician orders from anywhere in the United States; results can be called or faxed upon completion.
Over 90% of laboratory tests ordered are done on site. Referred testing is sent to our regional reference laboratories: LabCorp in Spokane and InCyte Pathology in Spokane Valley.
Most laboratory results are available at the ordering physician’s office within 4 days of your visit.
If you have general lab service questions please call us at 509-447-9301.
Blood Drives through Vitalant:
- Newport Community Blood Drives: United Church of Christ (430 W. 3rd, Newport WA)
- Newport Hospital and Health Services (714 W. Pine Street, Newport WA)
To view the local schedule for blood drives please visit https://vitalant.org/Home.aspx .