We pride ourselves in offering local colonoscopy services with trusted surgical care.
- What is a colonoscopy? Colonoscopy lets your doctor examine the lining of your large intestine (colon) for abnormalities by inserting a thin flexible tube, as thick as your finger, into your rectum and slowly advancing it into the colon. This instrument, called a colonoscope, has its own lens and light source and it allows your doctor to view images on a video monitor. (Source: ASGE)
- Who should get a screening colonoscopy? Adults aged 45-75 without a family history of colon cancer. Individuals with a family history of colon cancer or other risk factors should talk to their primary care provider about screening prior to age 45. Colon cancer screening is recommended once every 10 years until age 75.
- Colonoscopy Preparations: Your physician will provide you with detailed information regarding the colonoscopy home preparation and other post-procedure instructions. Since you’ll receive sedation during your colonoscopy, you will need to have a driver to take you home following the procedure.
Why should I get a colonoscopy?
- Colon cancer is the third leading cause of cancer in males and second in females.
- Colon cancer rates are increasing and presenting at a younger age than ever before and in more advanced stages.
- It’s important to catch early colorectal cancer before symptoms develop.
- 30% of men and 20% of women have pre-cancerous adenomatous polyps that can turn into colon cancer within 10 years.
Discover the advantages of care close to home!
- The convenience of being closer to home (especially following at-home colonoscopy prep).
- Our surgical team is well-trained, professional, and compassionate.
- State-of-the-art scopes, surgical suite, and recovery unit
- Personalized care from the moment you arrive