Festival of Trees Winners Announced!
2018 Festival of Trees Raises Record Funds
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 3, 2018
Newport, Wash. – Despite the large community exodus to Tacoma to support Grizzly Football in the state championship game, the 2018 Festival of Trees pulled ahead of last year’s fundraising, bringing in $22,000 for community and hospital programs. The day of festive celebration at Sadie Halstead Middle School shared holiday event-goers with the Stratton Elementary Craft Fair and several other local holiday events in Newport.
Festival of Trees attendees decorated cookies, had their pictures taken with Santa, made holiday crafts and all took part of the tree viewing and donation raffle. The Dalkena Church Cantata provided holiday entertainment during the daytime event that showcased 15 raffle trees boasting a collective $15,000 in prizes and gift certificates. The event benefits Newport Hospital and Health Services Foundation community and hospital programs, including Healthy Kids Snack Bag program and Reach Out and Read.
2018 Raffle Tree Winners
- Jody Hagen (“All Things Christmas”- Sponsored by Northwest Professional Real Estate & Old Republic Mortgage)
- Nathan Conway (“Wizard of Oz” – Sponsored by Exbabylon and Newport Alarm)
- James Deerwester (“Winey Birds” – Sponsored by Newport Hospital and Health Services Administration Team)
- Richard McGinnis (“All Around Town” – Sponsored by Newport, Priest River & Oldtown Area Businesses)
- Michelle Barnett (“Grizmas Tree 2018” – Sponsored by Newport School District and Maws and Paws Booster Club)
- Hudsen Smith (“The Toy Tree” – Sponsored by Concept Cable)
- Sheila Myrvang (“It’s For the Birds” – Sponsored by Diamond Lake Quilters)
- Lacey Reedy (“Ready, Set, Play” – Sponsored by West Bonner Education Association)
- Tom Wilbur (“Country Lane” – Sponsored by Country Lane)
- Tracy Knerr (“Who Let the Girls Out” – Sponsored by Fleur de Lis Floral & Home, Shanty Boutique, Just Because Fashion & Gifts, Bushels, Into the Garden, and Alice’s Wanderland Mall)
- Tony Moser (“How the Handyman Stole Christmas” – Sponsored by KCB Construction, Newport Laundry, Excess Disposal, Barrett’s Busy B Cedar Products, Leo’s Excavating, Rival Roofing, Cathy Burns, Bill Gumaer Construction, Kelly’s Bar & Grill, Albeni Falls Building Supply)
- Dana Emerson (“Hey Good Lookin’, Whatcha Got Cookin’” – Sponsored by The Newport Miner & Gem State Miner)
- Peggy Loutzenhiser (“Frozen Fun” – Sponsored by Newport Roxy Theater)
- Diana Balasa (“Pend Oreille Playcation” – Sponsored by Kalispel Tribe of Indians and Northern Quest Resort & Casino)
- Dana Cantrell (“Northern Quest Getaway” – Sponsored by Kalispel Tribe of Indians and Northern Quest Resort & Casino)
Evening attendees enjoyed a festive holiday feast prepared and served by Newport Hospital’s own Pine Street Café. Live music by local recording group Scotia Road featured sweet sounds of folk, country and a touch of blues, along with warm mother-daughter vocal harmonies, mandolin, guitar and upright bass. The event concluded around 7 pm and tree winners arrived shortly thereafter to pack up their holiday loot.
Event sponsors included the Kalispel Tribe of Indians and Northern Quest Resort & Casino, Mountain West Bank, Amerigroup, Columbia Bank, Kilgore Construction, Life Flight Network, Molina Healthcare, STCU, Pend Oreille Valley Foundation, Newport/Priest River Rotary Club, and the Newport School District. The NHHS Foundation’s next event is the 2019 Iron Sommelier & Brewmaster Event on February 23 at the Priest River Event Center (tickets available January 7th).
# # #
Thank you, 2018 Premium Event Sponsors!