Stay Healthy, Stay Safe, Stay Vaccinated
The Washington Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics is working with WithinReach and the Department of Health to spread the word out about the importance of bringing children in for vaccines. With COVID-19, vaccination rates for Washington children have drastically dropped. If routine vaccinations are delayed, we could be faced not only with the COVID-19 pandemic but also an outbreak of vaccine-preventable diseases, like the measles outbreak last year.
- Vaccinating children on time, especially babies birth to 24 months, followed by 4-6-year-olds, is the best way to protect them from vaccine preventable diseases. Call your Newport Health Center provider today at (509) 447-3139 to get back on track.
- Newport Health Center providers care about the health and well-being of your family and have changed clinic operations to make it safe for children to get needed vaccines during COVID-19.
- Screening everyone (including staff) who enter the clinic, including temperature checks
- Limiting patients’ time in the waiting room, and creating social distance-friendly spaces
- Creating dedicated rooms or times for well visits
- Lowering the number of patients on site
- Increased disinfecting of frequently-touched surfaces
For more information about this program, visit immunitycommunitywa.org