Diabetes Management Course (10-weeks)
We have the information you need to gain control of diabetes.
Join us for our FREE 10-week Diabetes Learning Course!
We’ll explore a new topic each week and provide valuable knowledge to help manage the disease.
WHO: Diabetic patients and/or caregivers
WHEN: Thursdays, 4 PM – 5 PM (first course is June 1 – August 3)
WHERE: Newport Health Center’s classroom (221 N. Cass, Newport WA)
Attendance for the entire 10-week course is encouraged, and participation is capped at 15 people. Call (509) 447-3139 and ask for Denise to register.
This course is taught by a Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist.
- Week 1: What is diabetes ? – An Introduction
- Week 2: Basic Nutrition
- Week 3: Carb Counting
- Week 4: Meal Planning and Preparation
- Week 5: Being Active – Cardio and Resistance Exercises
- Week 6: Medications for Blood Sugar and Nerve Pain
- Week 7: Blood Sugar Monitoring
- Week 8: Reducing Risks
- Week 9: Problem Solving
- Week 10: Behavior Change and Goal Setting