Visiting Restrictions – Novel Cornavirus (COVID-19)
Our goal is to protect our staff, patients, and community during the outbreak of COVID-19.
- Routine visiting will be suspended at Newport Hospital and Health Services until the transmission of COVID-19 is no longer a threat to our patients, staff and community.
- No visitors (other than the list below) will be allowed in the hospital at this time. Any exceptions to this policy must be cleared by the charge nurse.
- No visitors will be allowed in rooms of Persons Under Investigation (PUIs) or COVID-19 positive patients (unless at end of life).
- Entrance will be limited to ensure appropriate screening can occur for the visitors in the exception list. Visitors must have absence of symptoms to enter the building.
- Patients 18 and older: one (1) caregiver or support person per day
- Patients in the Emergency Department: one (1) caregiver or support person allowed
- Patients younger than 18: two (2) caregivers or support persons per day
- Patients at end-of-life: two (2) visitors at a time allowed; no visitors can be in hospital waiting rooms
- No visitors under the age of 16
- Clinic, Laboratory, Physical Therapy or Radiology patients: only one (1) support person per patient, must stay in department waiting rooms
- Patients undergoing surgery or procedures: one (1) visitor
Rules for visitors:
- Visiting hours will be 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM (beginning Wednesday, April 14, 2021)
- Visitors will be issued a wristband to indicate that they were screened upon entry and were allowed to enter the building
- All visitors and patients are encouraged to wear a face covering when possible while inside any of our campus buildings (hospital and clinic). If a person is not wearing a mask, the screener will offer one to the visitor/patient.
- Visitors will need to stay in the patient’s room for the duration of the visit
- Visitors may not remove any supplies or equipment from the hospital.
- Delivery and staff personnel must wear face covering while inside NHHS buildings. They also must continue to be screened before entry.
- This policy includes NHHS employees that have family members who are in the hospital
- Sales people, drug reps, non-NHHS meeting groups, or anyone that does not have a clinical need to be in the building is restricted from entering at this time.
Residential care visitors:
Starting Monday, March 22nd, River Mountain Village (RMV) and River Mountain Village Advanced Care (RMVAC) are expanding visitation with residents. Potential visitors should call each facility to set up an appointment.
- Please call (509) 447-2464 to schedule an appointment (1-2 days notice is appreciated).
- Indoor visits (between 10 AM and 5 PM):
- Limited to 1 hour per day
- Located in the conference room (maximum number of visitors = 3)
- Please consider your loved one’s meal times when planning your visit.
- Outdoor visits (between 10 AM and 5 PM):
- No time limit
- Please consider your loved one’s meal times when your plan your visit.
- Indoor visits (between 10 AM and 5 PM):
- All visitors (including children) will be screened upon entrance.
- Please do not visit if you or anyone in your home is ill or recently exposed to a COVID-like illness.
- All visitors (including children) must be masked for the entire visit (mask covering both the nose and the mouth).
- Visitation requirements are not based on the vaccination status of residents or visitors.
- Special considerations are made for comfort care and end-of-life visitation.
- Our doors will remain locked; however, we will screen ALL INDIVIDUALS (staff, other health care workers, family, visitors, government officials, etc.) at the entrance of the building. All visitors must be wearing a mask before screening checklist. In order to conserve our own personal protective equipment (PPE), please bring your own mask. We ask that you continue to maintain social distancing during your visit.
- We are continuing to test staff and residents on a bi-weekly schedule. If an outbreak occurs in the facility, our ability to provide visitation may change. If you are unable to visit in person but would like to schedule a virtual visit, please call (509) 447-2464.