Newport Hospital and Health Services wants to help you understand insurance, billing, and pricing. In compliance with Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) , we are posting a list of standard charges in downloadable format for your review. Please contact Patient Financial Services if we can help you better understand charges for your care.
Some points to keep in mind as you review the list of standard charges:
- The information contained in the downloadable file is current as of the last upload. Charge information is subject to periodic changes and the file will be updated as soon as practically possible to reflect such changes.
- The file contains both the charge amount and the charge description of the item or service as reflected in the hospital’s chargemaster (CDM).
- A charge represents the dollar amount assigned to specific medical services before application of any negotiated discounts to third-party payers. The actual hospital charges will vary based on the type of care provided, treatments, individual health conditions and other factors. If you need an estimate of your out-of-pocket cost, please call one of our Financial Counselors at (509) 447-9351.
- It is important to understand that the information represented in the CDM is the starting point in many cases and can undergo additional adjustments through the billing process, therefore, please be aware:
- The charge shown is the original charge for the item or service prior to any adjustments that result from applying modifiers in certain situations.
- The CDM is used in multiple hospital departments and may have different charges for the same item or service and such instances will repeat in the file. For a single chargemaster item, the charge is consistent; however, there may be slight variation in charges for services with similar descriptions for various reasons.
- Charges for certain items or services are based on per unit, such as—including but not limited to—surgeries, anesthesia, and recovery which can be based on the unit of time and complexity; medications, drugs which can be based on weight-based dosage, age or packaging; etc