Hospital Admission: Planning for your stay
Some items to include for your stay at Newport Hospital:
- Insurance card
- List of your doctors and primary care providers (please include phone numbers and other contact information)
- List of emergency contacts with telephone numbers
- List of any allergies to medicine and food
- Test results, lab results, and copies of recent X-rays
- List of ALL medications and dosages for:
- Prescription medication
- Herbal supplements and vitamins
- Other over-the-counter products
- Personal toiletry items (toothpaste, shampoo, hair brush, etc.)
- Eye glasses, hearing aids, and dentures
- Other items you may want to include
- Robe, slippers, sleeping attire
- Favorite pillow
- Cell phone with charger
- Reading material
What to Expect: Patients and families
Flower Deliveries and Balloons
Flowers, balloons, and other gifts will be delivered to a patient’s room.
Please avoid the following:
- Latex balloons (only mylar balloons are allowed)
- Potted plants (flowers in vases are allowed)
For local floral deliveries, please contact Fleur de Lis Floral and Gifts at www.newportflower.com or by calling (509)447-4416.
Calling Your Nurse
Call buttons in the room turn on a light above the door to your room. Your nurse will explain how to use the call buttons in your room and bathroom.
Patient rooms include a telephone. While local calls are free, please plan to use a calling card for long distance calls.
- For local calls, dial 9 and then the number.
- For long distance calls, dial 9 and then the toll-free calling card number
- Cell phones are allowed in your room.
You may want to consider telling your nurse if you wish to not be disturbed to avoid calls. Family and friends may reach you by calling (509)447-2441 and asking for the Acute Care nurses’ station.
Televisions are equipped with basic cable are available in each patient room. Please ask your nurse if you need assistance.
Each patient room is cleaned once a day. If you require additional services or items (ex. blankets, pillows, etc.), please tell your nurse.
Family and friends are allowed to visit between 7:00 AM and 9:00 PM. We ask that all visitors check in at the nurses’ station prior to going to a patient’s room, as guests may be asked to wait outside the room during procedures. In order to minimize infection, guests with colds, sore throats, runny noses, coughs, and other contagious disease may not visit patients.
The Pine Street Café is located on the lower level of the hospital (Floor LL) and is open to the public. Cash, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover are accepted as payment.
- Breakfast (served Monday through Friday). Click here for the monthly breakfast menu. 2019 February Breakfast
- Lunch (served 7 days a week, 11AM -1:30PM) showcases a hot meal choice, full salad bar, and sandwich bar. Click for the monthly lunch menu. 2019 February Lunch
- Dinner (served 7 days a week, 3:30PM – 4:55PM) showcases a hot meal choice, full salad bar, and a sandwich bar. Click for the monthly dinner menu. 2019 February Dinner
Our heart soups are a local favorite! Vending machines are also located in the lower level as you exit the elevator.
Patient Safety & Security
Please keep in mind that Newport Hospital and Health Services is a weapon-free facility.
Patient Identification Bracelets
Newport Hospital and Health Services will provide you with a bracelet upon admission. This will be used as a cross reference for all tests and procedures.
Please do not get out of bed and attempt to walk unassisted unless you have been given the okay by your nurse. If you need assistance, please use your nurse call button.
Please do not bring valuables to Newport Hospital. If you do, please give them to a family member or friend until you are released. If you lose something during your stay, check with the Acute Care nurses’ station to see if it was returned to lost and found. Newport Hospital and Health Services is not responsible for lost or stolen items of value left in patient rooms.
It’s simple; we care about your health! Patients and Visitors at Newport Hospital are not allowed to use tobacco/smoke/vapor products on district property.
Billing Account Information