Opening: 2111 – Patient Representative Services
Reference #: 2111
Hours per two-week pay period: 80
Overtime classification: 40 Hour work week
PRIMARY SHIFT: Day
- Performs medical billing functions to third party payers.
- Prepares electronic and paper claim processing of primary and secondary billing.
- Reviews claims for completeness and accuracy.
- Researches denied or incomplete bills, prepares appeals or corrected claims.
- Researches patient’s questions about accounts.
- Provides explanation regarding patient balance and / or insurance coverage.
- Researches insurance credit balances.
- REQUIREMENTS: High school graduate or equivalent. One (1) or more years' experience in medical billing. One (1) year experience in related field: insurance office, hospital or physician office billing. Two (2) years of general office experience. SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and in writing. Excellent interpersonal skills. Newport Hospital & Health Services (NHHS) is an equal opportunity employer.
This position closes when it is filled.