Blood Drive – Calling All Heroes!!!
The need for blood in our region is currently staggering.
Our blood drive will be safe
We will be in a large area, spread out, and only a few people will be served at a time. Everyone will be screened upon check-in. Facial masks are required. Appointments only (contact [email protected]). Those in high-risk categories for developing the coronavirus infection will not be eligible to donate. For more information, please email Brandi Fry.
Date: Tuesday, August 25, 2020
Time: 10 AM – 4:30 PM (Appointment Required) – Click here to schedule directly with Vitalant (our blood bank).
Location: Old nursing home next to Newport Community Hospital (check-in entrance is through the main doors); 714 W. Pine St., Newport WA
- Only healthy people are encouraged to give blood.
- Donors must be feeling well and free of respiratory illness symptoms to be eligible to donate.
- Masks are required.
- Donors’ temperatures will be taken upon check-in.
- We use social distancing measures to keep donors and staff safe.
- We are not taking donations from people who meet at-risk criteria for coronavirus infection.
- Staff wear gloves and personal protective gear; they wipe down donor-touched areas using a disinfectant.
- Staff use sterile, single-use collection sets for each donor; they scrub the donor’s arm for 30 seconds before the collection.
- Staff who don’t feel well are required to stay home.
Blood donation and COVID-19 antibodies:
Vitalant is performing antibody testing (not COVID-19 testing during registration) for COVID-19 in addition to the normal battery of tests that are run for a donated unit of blood. After 2 weeks, the donor can login to their donor account in E-donor to see whether the unit of blood they donated has a positive or negative result for COVID-19 antibodies. The information is confidential and will not be shared. For more information visit: www.Vitalant.org/antibodytest