About the Nursery
So, you’re having a baby. Maybe you’re excited and confident about the coming birth… or maybe you’re uncertain and just a little nervous. Whatever your feelings, the staff at Newport Hospital can help.
Newport Hospital & Health Services Birthing Unit offers personalized attention and a wide range of options to keep you comfortable and well informed. We serve Washington and Idaho families!
Our Birthing Unit proudly offers:
- Childbirth Classes that teach a wide range of childbirth preparation education for parents-to-be. These classes are free of charge to any parents, regardless of where your delivery occurs.
- Tours of our Birthing Unit are always available.
- Personalized Labor Nurse educated to assist you in labor and look after your baby’s well being during the labor process.
- Private suites in the birthing unit. Each suite has a private bathroom with a jetted tub and shower.
- Anesthesia services 24 hours a day, to ensure your safe and comfortable delivery.
- A safe and secure environment.
- Newborn Hearing Screening exams.
- Flat screen TV’s in the labor rooms to help make your stay more comfortable.
- A Lactation specialist if you are having problems breastfeeding.
- A photo gallery in the birthing unit for family and friends to see some of the cutiest babies in the world.
- A website that allows family & friends to view newborn & family photos.
- Publication of your baby’s photo in local newspapers.
- Announcement of the new arrival via musical chimes on the overhead paging system.
- Educational materials to assist you when you go home. Topics include umbilical cord care, reducing the risk of SIDS, to name a few.
- Gift bags to every family that delivers here; as well as hats and blankets donated generously by community members.
- A complimentary gourmet “Special” meal for new parents to enjoy before going home. Choices include Steak or Chicken Cordon Bleu, served with sparkling cider and birthday cake.